- Specialities: Personal Watercraft Proficiency
- Officer of the Watch
- Medical First Aid at Sea
- Medical Care Aboard Ship
- ISPS Ships Security
- Hospitality Training
- Efficient Deck Hand (EDH)
- Cruising Instructor
- Chief Mate
- VHF Radio Course
- Yacht Master Courses
- Yacht Master Coastal
- Yacht Master Offshore
- Powerboat Level 2
- Approved Engine Course (AEC)
UKSA is one of the largest providers of RYA and MCA crew training courses. Based in Cowes, it equips superyacht crew, both present and future, with the knowledge and qualifications they need for an established career on board.
Main contactAddress: Arctic Rd. Isle of Wight, United Kingdom PO31 7PQ
Tel: +44 (0)19 83 29 49 41
UKSA is one of the top providers of MCA certificates in the yachting world. The centre provides courses and training from entry level all the way through to 3,000gt.
As a trainee you will live and eat on UKSA’s fully equipped site in Cowes on the Isle of Wight, at the centre’s 3.5 acre waterfront location.
Superyacht crew training courses:• Superyacht Crew Training – A crew training course for those starting out in the industry. In 29 day, it covers deck work to lookout and watch duties.
• Professional Yachtmaster Offshore – A 14 week course, students complete 60 days afloat self-skippering covering navigation, radar, basic engineering and safety training.
• Superyacht Interior Training – A 3 week course for aspiring yacht stewards and stewardesses.
MCA training:• STCW Safety Training
• Master 200gt
• OOW (Yachts less than 3,000gt)
• Chief Mate (Yachts less than 3,000gt)
• Master (Yachts less than 500gt/3,000gt)
UKSA is easily accessible from Bournemouth, Southampton and London airports, and Portsmouth and Southampton ferry terminals.