BGB SILS (Submersible Inductive Lighting System)
“Powerful, contactless underwater lighting systems”
BGB SILS manufactures a patented, powerful, contactless underwater lighting system that does not penetrate any surfaces such as the hull of a yacht. Based in the UK, BGB combines high-tech design, precision engineering and experience.
Main contactAddress: Dysart Rd., Lincolnshire Grantham, United Kingdom NG31 7NB
Tel: +44 (0)14 76 57 62 80
The new BGB Submersible Inductive Lighting System (SILS) uses induction contactless technology to power LEDs used within the exterior light.
Combining ‘know-how’ from the three group brands of parent company BGB Innovation, BGB SILS has developed into the stand-alone luxury brand from BGB for the maritime industry.
SILS does not require any drilling or penetration of the hull in any way (a benefit of using induction systems in the marine industry). The lights can be easily retrofitted without fear of leaks or bad workmanship by an outside electrician and gives peace of mind that the vessel has not been weakened in any way.
BGB’s manufacturing expertise and technological know-how has been the driving force behind patenting the inductive control technology. This allows BGB to be the only underwater lighting manufacturer to be able to offer control of inductive power transfer for lighting within the maritime industry.
SILS features• Contactless technology
• Cool running LEDs
• Sleek agronomic design
• Up to 8k lumens output per chip
• Adjustable light beam
• Colour mix, dim, white and RGB
• Inbuilt BGB control system to manage colours via remote control or via mobile / tablet device using bespoke BGB App
• Borosilicate toughened BK7 lens
• Specially developed polymer housing
• Superior environmental and corrosion resistance
• Equivalent heat transfer to stainless steel
• Lightweight housing - 80% reduction in weight compared to stainless steel
• No need for inversion (24v system)
SILS Benefits• No penetration / no drilling of hull required
• Longer life LEDs – no need for lamp changing
• Single colour LED option available
• Streamline shape to reduce drag
• Up to 100 light units on one control system
• Easy to change colours via smart phone and tablet devices via a BGB App
• Programmable light colour sequence
Mobile interfaceThe Submersible Inductive Lighting System can be fully controllable via a mobile device such as an iPhone, Android or iPad. The device can control the colour mix, dim, white and RGB effect.
SILS has an inbuilt BGB control system to manage colours via a bespoke BGB App on a mobile / tablet device.
The user can choose from a large choice of colours to match moods, water conditions or fishing patterns. Customers can also upload their pictures to the @bgb_sils twitter and the gallery section of their website. The unit also allows the user to programme their own light sequence via the App.
Unlike competitor’s lights, BGB SILS has no need for extra control systems such as DMX. The BGB system will have all the controls inbuilt and controllable via Wi-Fi as an optional upgrade later in the year.