As a recently formed, limousine and chauffeur company, IKON offers luxury clients a range of services on the French Riviera. Yachting Pages spoke to Nikolas Beer, chief executive officer of IKON, to find out how the company has progressed since its inception.
1) How was the business established?
I created the company in November 2012, after spending 18 years in the same limousine service company based in Cannes and Paris. I looked for a new challenge and wanted to create a new concept, something different than the traditional limo company.
2) What makes you different from your competitors? How are you unique?
The business incorporates a very new concept, totally implemented in five-star hotels, where our goal is to become the limo service of the hotel by applying a very personalised and tailor-made service. We’re based in each hotel and specialise in the yachting and private jet industries.
3) Have IKON been busy in 2014?
Business is very good, as we work with a very exclusive and niche market. IKON has been very busy this year; overall business is up 20%, which is great for us.
4) What have you learnt from your time in the limo/chauffeur industry?
I have learned that the client is the king. Our primary motive is to be professional, discreet and elegant – being as flexible and helpful as possible to our clients.
5) What is the most bizarre client request you’ve received in the past?
We once had a client who ordered a car with a chauffeur but instead of using the chauffeur, they insisted on driving. Of course we obliged to fulfil the clients’ demands.
6) What are the most popular cars and trips requested by clients?
The most popular car requested by clients is the S Class Mercedes. Airport transfers are the most demanded trip from our clients.
7) Who would be your dream client?
Nobody special, we ensure all clients are treated the same.