A working superyacht can require a range of different personnel to travel to and from the yacht for employment reasons. Leading travel agent in Palma de Mallorca, Ticket Travel Agency, has explained how the yachting community can get discounted rates on air fares.
Discounts and special offers on air fares can be provided for a range of personnel, including captains, engineers, mechanics, stewards and stewardesses, chefs, technicians, architects, builders, surveyors, brokers, management staff, trainers and more.
The offers available can include anything such as:
- Up to 70% off most published air fares
- No minimum or maximum stay
- One way tickets at special prices
- Extra weight allowance of 40kg
- No penalties for changes, and only a small fee for cancellations
The last stage that is required is a form of proof that is accepted by airlines. There consist of:
1. A letter on company/yacht letterhead outlining the need to travel.
This needs to include the passenger name, name of vessel and the port of registry. This does not need to be a complicated letter but Ticket Travel Agency strongly recommended that a letter is always carried regardless of the airline being used.
2. A Seaman’s log book.
3. A Company contract showing the details of employment and the embarkation port.
Airlines do occasionally audit passengers at check-in for the misuse of marine fares so it is the responsibility of clients to ensure that the passenger carries the correct documentation.
If all the conditions above are able to be met by the person travelling, they will be eligible for the offers on marine air fares. For more information, visit Ticket Travel Agency.