Leading marine surveyor Oceanus Marine Ltd has recently introduced a new course in line with MLC 2006 requirements. The course provides qualifications for yacht and ship cooks and caterers, and is due to be held in Malta next June.
This course is especially aimed for the trainers, who will be training future marine cooks and catering departments, in order to obtain practical and theoretical knowledge for qualifications as required under the Maritime Labour Convention.
The training programme will cover:
1. Practical cookery (different cultures and religions)
2. Food and personal hygiene
3. Nutrition requirements
4. Avoiding food wastage
5. Assessment and evaluation of prospective cooks
6. Food handling and storage on board
7. Stock control
8. Galley and equipment for the preparation and serving of meals
9. Catering health and safety
10. Environmental protection
11. MLC 2006 core knowledge
On successful completion of the training programme, two certificates will be awarded to the attendants (food and catering trainer course for ship’s cooks and MLC 2006 core knowledge training).
Early booking confirmation is highly recommended, as due to individual attention given during the practical sessions, limited places are available.