Leading entertainment & AV company Videoworks, has recently announced as of 2014, they have a major contract to design and implement the home automation systems, lights, entertainment and audio/video for the 88.8M Maxi Yacht, M/Y Illusion. The new superyacht will be built by the Chinese Shipyard Raffles Offshore Ltd division Pryde Yachts Unlimited.
Videoworks will focus on site, in Yantai, which is located in the north-eastern Shandong province of China. Using its specialised technicians and a local partnerships, all the works of installation and testing of software and racks related to the before mentioned.
In cooperation with CIMC Raffles Yacht's techincal department, the Videoworks project forsees:
• The design and implementation of an A/V cabling and network system, ready for upgrades and expansion, both before and after delivery.
• The design and implementation of an A/V system updated with new HD technologies and digital media and sources.
• The design and implementation of a domotic and lights system, in close partnership with the yacht's interior designer and architects.
• The design and implementation of a control system (HW/SW). Giving guests full control of entertainment and ship comfort.
• The design and implementation of a professional ship IP network, enabling guests to access the Internet and their own offices in a fast and secure way.
• The commission, training and after delivery support worldwide.
As a specialist in providing entertainment, av systems and electronics to the superyacht industry, Videoworks are due to start the work in 2014.
For more information, visit Videoworks.