Makan Marine Propulsion
“Family-owned business, specialising in MTU and Detroit Diesel engines”
- Products: Common-Rail
- Exhaust After Treatment Systems
- Fuel Separators
- Electronic Engine Controls
- Heat Exchangers
- Fuel Pumps
- Inboard Motors
- Vibration Control Systems
- Propulsion Control Systems
- Controllable Pitch Propellers
- Specialities: Engine Test Stands
- Preventative Checks
- Emission Reduction
- Transmission Services
- Surveys & Inspections
- Sound Proofing
- Soot Filtration
- Sales & Supply
- Repairs, Refit & Maintenance
- Oil & Fuel Analysis
- Installation & Fitting
- Engine Electronics
- Endoscopy / Borescopy
- Emergency Repairs
- Yacht Engine Maintenance
- Marine Engine Maintenance
- Engine Parts & Spares
- Propulsion Systems
- Inboard Motors
Marine Propulsion Diesel Services (MPDS) is a family-owned business that offers expertise on a wide application of engines, from pleasure craft to commercial vessels, specialising in MTU and Detroit Diesel Marine engines and electronics.
Contact Makan Marine PropulsionAddress: 12655 W Jefferson BLVD Floor 4 Playa Vista, CA Santa Clarita, CA, California, USA 90066
Operating throughout: Caribbean USA
Tel: +1 561 405 0032
With over 28 years’ experience working for engine manufacturers and distributors, MPDS has partnered with the U.S. Coast Guard and Navy, and serviced Governmental vessels, ferries, motor yachts and mega yachts.
Open 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week, the California-based business welcomes all enquiries and questions, and offers its flexible, reliable and dedicated service internationally with a focus on the Caribbean.
Marine diesel engine applicationsIts professional engine services includes electronic troubleshooting and technical support, as well as diesel surveys with diesel engine inspections, diesel engine re-powers and engine/propulsion running procedures.
In regard to diesel propulsion issues, MPDS provides technical advice for propulsion operations and experimental investigations with engineering support. MPDS utilises a workshop facility for major repairs and overhauls, and offers warranties for all engines it is responsible for.
Comprehensive engine and propulsion system surveysMPDS offers engine and propulsion system surveys to its customers, including:
• Inspections of engines, propulsion systems and electronic propulsion systems.
• Fluid analysis including fuel, coolant and oils for engines, generators and gear boxes. All samples are sent to the laboratory for analysis. If any abnormal materials are found an investigation is necessary for preventive repairs.
• Commissioning inspections: This full inspection is performed for the customer before the pre-purchase of the yacht. Included are the cylinder bore scope inspections and vibration analysis, engine loads and engine performance under a computer recording during the sea trials.
• After a sea trial is complete and the fluid analysis are returned from the laboratory, a full inspection report with all results would be given to the client.
• Annual inspections and surveys.
• Full maintenance offer with inspections; daily or monthly maintenance in case the yachts are chartered.
• A complete maintenance supervision under factory specifications is offered to the customer during surveys.
Surveys give the client a breakdown on how the engines and entire propulsion systems are running under factory specifications.
Pleasure and commercial craft engines servicedMPDS undertakes servicing on a range of marine engines, including:
• MTU Series 2000 - PLD and CR
• MTU Series 4000
• MTU Series 396
• MTU Series 1163
• MTU Series 8000
• MTU Electronics
• DDEC Electronics
• Detroit Diesel Marine Engines
Contact Marine Propulsion Diesel Services today to discuss your marine engine requirements.