Malta Maritime Payroll Services
Providing crew employment and payroll solutions to the yachting industry
Malta Maritime Payroll Services Ltd (MMPS) offers cost-effective yacht crew employment and payroll solutions to the marine industry, and is used by several of the world’s most prestigious superyachts.
Contact Malta Maritime Payroll ServicesAddress: 123 Aegis, Melita St. Malta Valletta, Malta VLT 1123
Tel: +356 27 03 63 14
Malta Maritime Payroll Services Ltd (MMPS) addresses crew employment problems, implementing the most practical and cost-effective solutions. The crew services structure has been developed with substantial tax and legal advice, and is designed to employ seafarers and pay social security contributions in Malta.
With a perfect solution for both employers and seafarers, the setup procedure is simple and all administration work is catered for by the team. MMPS has an exceptional reputation in the superyacht industry for providing professional services at attractive prices, with no hidden extras.
Superyacht services and productsMMPS’ experienced and professional team, available 24/7, offers a range of products and services to the yachting industry, including:
• Registering the employer, as well as the crew members, for social security in Malta
• Preparing the MLC/EU compliant seafarer employment agreements
• Making monthly social security payments, as well as compiling and filing the required employment forms
• Effecting salary payments to crew members
• Maintaining the payroll
• Ensuring continued compliance with social security legislation as it evolves
• Registering and administrating the Yachts Malta Flag Registration
Benefits for Maltese-flagged yacht crew membersYacht owners whose crew members are employed on Maltese-flagged yachts, and who are eligible to pay social security contributions in Malta, can benefit from the following:
• A very reasonable rate of social security contributions, compared to other equivalent options
• Competitive cost of running the structure
• Crew members will be provided with a letter issued by the Maltese authorities which is equivalent to the social security card
• Persons insured in Malta may benefit from a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
• Persons insured in Malta may benefit from an S1 form if they reside in a Member State other than Malta (on presentation of the salary slips showing the contributions)
• Seafarers can also obtain the U1 form to claim unemployment benefits in their country of residence (the request may be made online)
• Regarding the pension aspect, each state pays a rate of benefit which reflects the length of the claimant’s insurance in their scheme; this applies anywhere in the EU, EEA, and Switzerland; a person who has worked for more than one year in two or more of the above-mentioned states will be paid a pension proportional to the periods in these states.
Contact Malta Maritime Payroll Services today to discuss your yacht crew payroll services and solutions.