BVI Shipping Registry
"Specialists in BVI yacht registration and marine certification"
BVI Shipping Registry specialises in Virgin Islands yacht and boat registration under the British Red Ensign. Based in Tortola, it provides a comprehensive range of services for ships and seafarers, including marine certification.
Contact BVI Shipping RegistryAddress: Sebastian's Building Administration Dr. Road Town, Tortola VG1110
Operating in: Tortola
Tel: +1 284 468 2902
Based in Tortola, The VISR (Virgin Islands Shipping Registry) offers first-class services and advice for yacht owners requiring BVI yacht registration and certification.
It is also able to serve the global market as a provider of international yacht registration, safety and advisory services.
The role of the VISR is to implement the maritime policies of the Government covering shipping operations, safety of life at sea, security, and the prevention of, and response to, pollution from ships and yachts.
BVI yacht registration specialistsYachts registered in the British Virgin Islands are British Ships and fly the Red Ensign flag.
The VISR can register:
• Yachts of up to 3,000 gross tonnes
• Recreational craft and yachts of up to 400 gross tonnes
• General cargo ships of unlimited tonnage
• Vessels previously covered under Category 2
• Cargo and commercial craft of up to 150 gross tonnes
• Domestic passenger ships on domestic voyages
Marine certificationThe VISR can certify:
• Caribbean SCV-code vessels
• CCSS-code vessels
• Yellow/Blue- code vessels
• Superyachts over 24 metres in length but less than 3,000GT
• Pax. vessels other than SCV-code vessels
• Cargo vessels over 500GT
Yacht certificate titles include Compliance, Safety, International Ship Security, Safety Management, International Tonnage Certification and more.
Contact BVI Shipping Registry today to discuss your superyacht registration and certification requirements.