French International Register
“A competitive and modern registry for commercial yachts”
- Specialities: France Maritime Registry
The Guichet Unique is the special point of contact for agents for any transactions or questions regarding the French Flag. It also provides superyachts with a personalised welcome point for effortless management of administrative measures.
Contact French International RegisterAddress: 21 Rue de la Republique Marseille, France / Monaco 13002
Operating in: France / Monaco
Tel: +33 (0)4 96 11 55 10
Created in 2005 to strengthen maritime safety/security and develop maritime employment, the RIF is the French registry for commercial yachts larger than 15 metres that are more engaged in international navigation. Acting as a one-stop point of contact – with a team of dedicated professionals working to develop the fleet – the French Flag offers a registration process, which is attractive to commercial yachts.
Quick and easy administrative procedures• A contact at the Guichet Unique for all your customs and maritime affairs procedures;
• Faster processing times;
• A single form for registration and French flag requests;
• A comprehensive website for detailed information and for registration request;
• All procedures under French flag are mainly free-of-charge*
Multiple reductions and tax exemptionsExemption of customs duties and VAT**:
• On the vessel when imported;
• On all supplies and domestic tax on fuel (TICPE***);
• On deliveries of vessel-incorporable goods including catering;
• On maintenance, transformation, repair, chartering and hire operations;
Exemption from annual flag and sailing duties.
For crew resident in France: employers’ social contributions is reduced to 11.6% (instead of 35.6%) and payroll taxes to 12.1% through the French Seamen’s National Health and Social Security Establishment (ENIM****). Crew members who are nationals of a Member State of the European Union (EU) benefit from co-ordination of European social security systems. For crew members who are not nationals of a Member State of the EU, law chosen by the parties is applicable.
* Yacht owners will only be invoiced for inspectors’ foreign travel expenses, if applicable
** Under conditions
*** Under conditions
**** Seamen’s National Health and Social Security Establishment
Benefits for the crew• Full income tax exemption for seamen fiscally resident in France and embarked more than 183 days per 12 months;
• For seafarers affiliated to ENIM: services validated with the French Seamen’s National Health and Social Security Establishment (ENIM), covering risks of illness, occupational injury and accident and pension scheme;
• Sailing time validated to obtain or to maintain STCW certificates*
* Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping - international convention of training, certification and watchkeeping standards for seamen
Free pre-procedure adviceA technical consultant is on hand to carry out an eligibility inspection for a client’s yacht, who will also complete applications with the National Maritime Safety Committee (CCS) and provide technical monitoring of RIF yachts.
Contact French International Register today to discuss registering your yacht under the French flag.
Hours of work
Monday - Friday
9:00-12:00 / 14:00-17:00 (UTC+2)