Sabrina Monte Carlo Wallpaper

Ferretti Group Sold to China’s SHIG – Weichai Group

The state-owned Shandong Heavy Industry Group – Weichai Group (SHIG – Weichai Group) announced that it has reached agreements with the major creditors of the world’s largest luxury yacht maker, the Italian company Ferretti Group, to acquire a controlling interest in Ferretti by participating in Ferretti’s debt restructuring.


Through a total investment of 374 million euros, including equity investment of 178 million euros and provision of debt financing of 196 million euros, SHIG – Weichai Group will acquire a 75% interest in the yacht maker after the completion of the debt restructuring procedures. Existing creditors will acquire the remaining 25% interest in Ferretti through a 25 million euros equity injection and debt to equity swap. 


Through the acquisition, Ferretti’s capital structure will be fully restructured with equity capital increased by 100 million euros and total debts reduced to a reasonable level at around 120 million euros. The business will enjoy a strong capital base which will help drive its long-term development plans.


Mr Tan Xuguang, Chairman of SHIG – Weichai Group, said: “Developing the yacht business is one of the Group’s strategic goals for the next five years. Ferretti, which possesses iconic international brands, state of the art manufacturing technologies, products of the highest quality and an extensive sales network, is an ideal partner. Through the acquisition, the Group will cooperate closely with this world-renowned yacht maker, providing Ferretti with new channels to market and capital support as well as other resources with which it can expand more effectively into emerging markets, a key area of potential growth for Ferretti.  Synergies between the Group and Ferretti can be unleashed through the sharing of resources and industrial integration. Ferretti’s overall competitive advantages in production, sales channels, after-sales service and financial strength will be improved, creating a win-win situation that will allow Ferretti to consolidate its leading position in the luxury yacht market.” 


Mr Norberto Ferretti, Chairman and Founder of Ferretti Group declared, “We are very proud of this agreement with a prestigious partner such as SHIG – Weichai Group. We are strongly convinced that this partnership will lead to very satisfactory results and will provide Ferretti Group with a strong capital base which will allow the development of long-term growth plans. Moreover China is one of the most rapidly developing countries for the yachting sector and has great potential for the coming 5 to 10 years.”


Leveraging its ample resources, SHIG – Weichai aims to facilitate Ferretti’s expansion in emerging markets such as Asia, with a particular focus on Greater China, which will be an important growth engine for Ferretti’s future development. In addition, the Group will provide a range of other resources including capital support to Ferretti to stimulate its rapid business development in both the traditional European and American markets as well as other emerging markets. After the acquisition, the Group will continue to uphold its operational principle of ‘unifying strategies and resources while operating independently’ and will retain Ferretti’s key management team, headquarters and production bases in Italy.


For more information please visit Ferretti Group.


Or follow Ferretti on Facebook.  

2G Marine News Button

Taylor Made News Button

Twitter Icon

Yachting Pages

2G Marine News Button

Taylor Made News Button

Submit a business reviewView current promotions