Mallorca Distillery has been awarded its second ‘Great Gold’ medal at this year’s Spanish Catavinum World Wine & Spirits Competition (CWWSC) for its Palma Spiced Gin.
The Palma Spiced Gin received the highest medal possible, making Mallorca Distillery the only gin producer in Spain to receive a second 'Great Gold' medal, following its success last year for its original Palma Gin.
Diplomas and medals will be attributed to wines according to the score obtained:
- Great Gold: 95 to 100 points
- Gold: 89 to 94 points
- Silver: 80 to 88 points
The CWWSC is organised and developed by Catavinum in Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain).
The objectives of this competition are to:
- Inform consumers and international wine and spirits professionals on the quality of the winning brands, helping the spread and communication of award-winning wines and spirits
- Provide messages to 80% of consumers who expect international references on quality wines and spirits
- Promote the production of quality wines and spirits
- Contribute to the brand awareness of the wine and spirits
In the 2020 edition a total of 3,123 wines and spirits entered and only 934 won the corresponding medal and certificate. There were wines and spirits from more than 20 countries.