Boucherie Fabre is inviting yacht chefs and crew to take part in one of their free butchery master classes, which they will be holding every Friday at 2pm from now until 20th March.
The free butchery master class will explore cuts of beef, pork, lamb and poultry; how to cut meat from a carcass; trimming, tying, preparing, and methods of cooking.
Over the next 10 weeks, Boucherie Fabre will provide its students with free access to beef, lamb and pork carcasses; a range of poultry and game birds, as well as sausages, ribs and various mincemeat blends, fully immersing delegates in the world of the traditional butcher.
According to Boucherie Fabre, “From a slice of bacon or a sirloin steak, there is no compromising on the quality of a good piece of meat. At Boucherie Fabre, animal husbandry, provenance and the skills of our butchers all come together to bring our clients only the finest – regardless of whether the meat is destined for a Michelin star restaurant, yacht or your own dining table.
“We created the Friday Carcass Club to share our expertise and knowledge with our customers. It’s a place of learning and appreciation, where you can take on the role of the butcher under the guidance of our master butchers Alan and Robert, studying the art of a good butcher in English and in French.”
Take a look at the calendar below for a rough guide:
- Friday 23rd January: Lamb carcass – French trim, chops, shoulder, leg, deboning and offal.
- Friday 30th January: Pork carcass – ribs, bells, chops and trotters.
- Friday 6th February: Poultry and game birds (poussin/quail/duck/goose) – deboning and tying.
- Friday 13th February: Sausages, ribs and various mincemeat types.
- Friday 20th February: Aberdeen Angus 35-day aged Scotch beef carcass – how to strip an entire rear hind.
- Friday 27th February: Lamb carcass – French trim, chops, shoulder, leg, deboning and offal.
- Friday 6th March: Pork carcass – ribs, bells, chops and trotters.
- Friday 13th March: Poultry and game birds (poussin/quail/duck/goose) – deboning and tying.
- Friday 20th March: BBQ and burger special – sausages, ribs and various mincemeat types.
For more information, visit Boucherie Fabre.