Piening Propeller, specialists in providing superyachts with propellers and propulsion systems, has launched a new product, the Controllable Pitch Propeller. The new product aims to ensure sustainability for both today’s regulations as well as future regulations.
According to Mathias Pein, CEO of Piening Propeller, the special feature of the new propeller is that it can be actuated either by oil-hydraulics or by water-hydraulics. There is also a state-of-the-art technology interface for the ship systems.
Piening Propeller outlined the following advantages of their new product below:
- Four or five bladed controllable pitch propellers
- Hydraulic pitch control using ordinary water
- Very good operational availability
- Low operational costs
- High efficiency and low noise vibration
- Hydro-dynamically optimised design
- Environmental friendly
- Non-toxic hydraulic fluid (water)
- Conventional oil operated designs also available
- In accordance with major classification societies
For more information, visit Piening Propeller.